Records & Awards
Since its inception, American Bridge has constructed an impressive list of record breaking structures around the world.
From the longest self-anchored suspension span in the world, to the world’s tallest observation wheel, American Bridge continues to take things one step further by going above and beyond what is expected, making the seemingly impossible possible. The complicated and impressive nature of the work is what drives American Bridge to take on these record breaking projects over and over again.
- 25th of April Tagus River Bridge – first and only airspinning of second main cable under live traffic
- The Three Sister Bridges – first and only trio of almost identical side-by-side bridges in the world
- Lions Gate Bridge – first suspended spans deck replacement under live traffic
- Angus Macdonald Suspended Spans Deck Replacement – second suspended spans deck replacement under live traffic
- Las Vegas High Roller – tallest observation wheel in the western hemisphere
- Empire State Building – tallest building in the world*
- Willis (Sears) Tower – tallest building in the world*
- Woolworth Building – tallest building in the world*
- Queensferry Crossing Central Tower – longest free standing balanced cantilever in the world
- Angostura Bridge over Orinoco River – longest suspension bridge in South America
- New River Gorge – longest steel arch bridge in the world*
- Bayonne Bridge – longest steel arch bridge in the world*
- Hell Gate Bridge – longest steel arch bridge in the world*
- Verrazano Narrows Bridge – longest suspension bridge in the world*, currently longest in the U.S.
- 25th of April Tagus River Bridge – longest suspension bridge in Europe*
- San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge – longest self-anchored suspension span in the world
- Astoria Bridge over the Columbia River – longest continuous truss in the U.S.
- Mackinac Bridge – longest suspension bridge in the world (measured by total suspended span) for 41 years*, now the 3rd longest in the world
- Woodrow Wilson Bridge – largest movable bridge in the world
- Vehicle Assembly Building – largest building by volume in the world*
- #69 Top 400 Contractors
- #25 Top Contractors Working Abroad
- #19 Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors
- #70 Top 100 Contractors by New Contracts
(all rankings are for Southland Holdings LLC)
- America’s Safest Companies 2016 (EHS Today)
- Top Workplaces in Pittsburgh: 2014, 2013